Sunday, 30 September 2012

Tank Cover

Last Thursday I was home because my kids are not well. I found some free time in the evening to tend to my project. I decided to modify the tank cover.
I have to take the cover off to feed the fish. It was really inconvenient so I cut the original cover into half and screw half of it to the tank. I used cable ties to tie the two halves together and the ties acted as hinges. Work pretty well.
Looks like the green algae has started to grow. I have to keep an eye on that. A little algae is good but when it grew out of control it going to consume the oxygen in the water. I think I should find bottom feeders to keep this problem under control.
See my new shade for the plants in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment